Connecting the Dots of Peacemaking:
War, Economy, and Environment
Saturday, September 24, 2011, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Mount Saint Mary’s College, Doheny Campus street map
Rose Hills Auditorium, Ahmanson-Weingart Hall (Building 4) campus map
Sr. Simone Campbell, SSS
Executive Director, NETWORK
NETWORK is a national movement of people who are challenged by the Gospel, Catholic Social Teaching, and Earth principles. A Catholic leader in the global movement for justice and peace, NETWORK educates, lobbies, and organizes for economic and social transformation. NETWORK is a progressive voice within the Catholic community that has been influencing Congress in favor of peace and justice for more than 30 years.
- Ms. Jeanne Woodford – “Violence & Death Penalty”
New Executive Director, Death Penalty Focus, she previously served as the Undersecretary and Director of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) and Warden of San Quentin State Prison.
- Sr. Simone Campbell, SSS – “Economy”
Sister Simone Campbell has served as Executive Director of NETWORK since 2004. She is a religious leader, attorney and poet with extensive experience in public policy and advocacy for systemic change. In Washington, she lobbies on issues of peace building and economic justice.
- Sr. Donna Gibbs, CSJ – “Creation”
“To live the Great Communion that creation reveals, I have discovered that we must distinguish the difference between knowing about Earth and being in direct relationship with Earth. As a science teacher in Kindergarten through Grade 8, I strive to strengthen the bond my students have with the natural world, so I tell them the Universe Story at the beginning of each school year.”
Sunday Vigil Mass
- Bishop Gabino Zavala, Pax Christi USA
- Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace
- JustFaith Ministries, Los Angeles Leadership Committee
Tony Fadale, Facilitator, 310-542-9696
- $30 Registration, $10 Student. Lunch included. No one will be turned away.
- Please click here to register online or call Christopher at 323-225-4461 x111.
- Questions or need additional information? Please click here to email the site administrator.